STATUS: It's BEA time! Oh crazy schedule
What’s playing on the XM or iPod right now? Nothing at the moment.
Obviously I'm not just talking to children's editors while in New York. So here's a little snippet of what editors have been buying in the adult realm:
1) Literary novels with some sort of magical element (i.e The Night Circus)
2) Multi-cultural literary novels by non-American writers
3) Voice-driven literary novels that shed light on the contemporary modern landscape for protagonists in their 20s or 30s.
In women's fiction and romance
1) contemporary stories with small town settings
2) southern contemporary women's fix
3) looking or romantic comedies in romance (haven't heard that desire in a while!)
Off to the Javits Center!